Tuesday, February 9, 2010

NI HAO !

(Pronounced nee how) Why am I saying hello to everyone in Chinese this morning? Well it’s in honor of our exchange student that is staying with us for a week.

GUS_5388

He was so tired last night when they got in that I didn’t even take a picture. Today he gets to got to class all day with Kyle.

GUS_5389

Let me officially introduce Fan Jiahao  …. pronounced “Bob” since none of us can get it right. He really did tell us to call him that.

GUS_5390

This was a gift he brought to our family. He said all the homes in China have one for good luck. He also brought miniature ones for the kids. Kali hung hers up on the rearview mirror of her car. Even though she is a very good driver, I’m sure some good luck couldn’t hurt.

GUS_5431

These are some more gifts he brought. Mostly memorabilia from the Olymics. I can’t wait to get to know him.

3 comments:

Quinn said...

I LOVE the name Bob!! How funny. Speaking of gifts, we need to rethink a list for other purposes.

Kylee said...

I'm glad to see an update. I feel like I haven't talked to you in ages!

Krista Lou Cook said...

Hi Bob! I hope you had a great time with the Darlings.