Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Bittersweet Ending

Yesterday was our last day with “Bob” so we took him to see the Great Salt Lake.

GUS_5508

That fact that it was raining outside kinda matched our mood. A little sad.

GUS_5510

 GUS_5526

 GUS_5536

GUS_5542 

GUS_5559

On the way home I saw this graffitied old train and building. You know what happens next… PHOTO SHOOT!!

GUS_5581

What a sweet kid, it’s amazing how attached we became in just 1 week together.

GUS_5584 

Lincoln, James, Kali, Daniel, Kyle, Bob, Kira, Allyssa

GUS_5598

Bob and his biggest Utah fans

GUS_5602

This building is sooo cool, I’m sure I will use it again

GUS_5609 

GUS_5616

Kyle already requested that he wants his 14 yr old pictures taken here.

DSCF1023

This was the note we found on Kyle’s bed this morning after we had said farewell to Bob. Kyle noticed the tear in my eye as he watched me read it and said “I know just how you feel “.

4 comments:

Darilyn said...

All right, that made me cry too. So sweet. I admire how you open your home to so many people and the experiences that gives you as a family. Bravo Miss Darling.

Alaskan Darlings said...

That is a really cool building and the graffiti makes excellent background. That was a really sweet note from Bob. It sounds like you had a fun experience having him with you for a week.

Serenity Rachel said...

Sweetest letter ever! Yea, as a recovering slob (with many relapses) I don't think I'm a good candidate for hosting anyone from anywhere...ever!

Krista Lou Cook said...

What a great spot for a random photo shoot! I am glad that bob had such a great time with a great family!