Thursday, October 16, 2008

Why I haven't been blogging...

Yay, my sis is here!
Jeffrey & QuinnKyle & Tyler

Me & JeffreyIt's true, I've been neglecting my blog. But really can you blame me, I have company. Besides 2 year olds & 6 year olds just don't think watching me sit in front of my computer is fun? Go figure. So I decided with the weather forecast calling for snow that pumpkin picking would be a perfect activity for Jeffrey & I to tackle. Well the pumpkins were soooo big that it took Quinn's help just to get them into the wagon. Then we saw all the other veggies begging to be picked and we caved. So what started as a 20 minute project ended up as a complete 3 hour fall harvest and cleanup. And what kid could resist climbing in with the pumpkins to go for a ride...

Yes you guessed it, Tyler definitely resisted...

but Bella didn't.

7 comments:

Meike said...

Ahhh.. that looks like lots of fun :) And I can imagine that Jeffrey and Tyler loved the activity!!! Say hi to Quinn. I did not even know that she was in America until 2 days ago.

Darilyn said...

I'm glad you are having so much fun. Did you grow those? They are gorgeous.

Deborah said...

aww what cute kids!cnhyv

Nita said...

What great fall pictures! We just went to the pumpkin patch today with Andy's brother and his family! It was fun! Ally and I are still hoping to come down and see you guys!

Love you Gusti, you look awesome by the way!

Nita

Franziska Patterson said...

dude, are those pumpkins from your garden????? What fertilizer do you use? anyway, nice to see Quinn, Jeffrey und Tyler having fun! eh, and you, too of course.

Krista Lou Cook said...

So much fun! You and Quinn don't look a day older than high school!

Gusti said...

Yes- evrything on that table is from my garden. When I cleaned out the pumpkin plant I found the "tag" that said they were "MAX pumpkins" able to grow up to 100 lbs. if you tended them corectly. Of course I didn't know Anthony had planted anything other than traditional pumpkins so we didn't prune the plant to make them monsters. My guess is that some of them are in the 60 lb. range. I will weigh them when I get home. And no special fertilizer was used just plain old water, and a little steer manure when they were planted. Thanks for all the compliments, we sure are pleased with how they look on our front steps. :-}