Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The long and winding busride

Tim, Kim and Shawn



Does anyone out there know how long of a busride it is to Missoula, Montana? Let me just tell you it's about 11 hours, definately on the long side as far as cartrips go. But that 11 can strech into more like 11 hundred if your sitting next to hyper, giggly girls at 4AM when you haven't closed your eyes yet that night. And lucky me guess what girls I got to room with and chaperone once we got there? So the first picture on my last post is a tribute to the "Giggle Girls" who helped me remember how fun it is to laugh for no reason, and take life lightly. I enjoyed the whole trip, and would definatley do it all over again. Now just a few words about the swim coaches.... (and pictures of course) what great talent they have! I so enjoy watching how they inspire, encourage, care about, and motivate these kids! Swimming is a tough sport! The hours of practice far exceed any other sports I have ever been involved with. I'm actually really glad I didn't have much comprehension about the time commitment before we were "in over our heads" with swimming or I might not have let them join. And what a sad thing that would have been. These coaches help with all around charater development with each of the kids they work with. Of course they work on the technical stuff, the form, speed, etc. but equally important they help these kids set goals, acomplish them, take ownership and become better people. Wow- who wouldn't want that for their kids in this day and age?

2 comments:

Terri said...

Gusti,
You are a Mom to "make a Mom Proud"
Sounds like you & the kiddos had a great time! And the rewards of swim team are worth the many hours you obviously spend "keeping the motor running" & the "MOM taxi" rolling!
Thank you for all you do for our Grandkids!!
Love you Always, Mom & Rex

Darilyn said...

It sounds like something that is great for your kids and that they really enjoy it. I bet it was fun for them to go on a trip like that.