Tuesday, June 17, 2008

3 day celebration










In my opinion June is the perfect month to have a birthday. Why? 2 reasons... #1 because it's 6 months before/after Christmas and #2 well because of course it's the month that I am born in! Many years ago when I was a stubborn teenager I was of the opinion that only a complete idiot would get married right out of high school & at age 18 no less. I vowed that of course I was much smarter and would never do such a thing. Of course somebody upstairs had a different plan for me & my life. I found myself head over heels and totally in love with the first boy I dated when I got to college. Turns out he was the right one for me. We became engaged and I struggled to set the date, why?... because if I got married before June 16th then I would only be 18! (gasp) So as not to have to totally eat my words we decided on June 17th. Sixteen years later I have no regrets. This year was especially fun because Fathers Day fell on the 15th of June. So that gave us 3 consecutive days to CELEBRATE! Sounds perfect right? Until we learned that Anthony's work had chosen that same time for their annual sales meeting in Park City. Oh well I'm flexible, I guess you will just have to take me along too. And since it's my birthday and you have to work then I want the kids to come so I have someone to play with. Luckily they were quite happy to come along. Today we went to Olympic Park and had a blast. So here are some pictures of us playing while Anthony was working. Happy Anniversary to US!

4 comments:

Darilyn said...

I love that you wanted to take the kids along on your birthday/anniversary trip. I don't think I'm that nice of a mom. I have never been to Olympic park. That looks like a fun place to go.

Gusti said...

I'm not quite as nice as I seem. I drove them back to stay with friends last night, just as I had planned. Anthony and I will go home tomorrow. Olympic Park has 2 ziplines, an alpine slide, bobsled rides, a pool where you can watch kids learning how to skijump, and a museum. It is quite pricey so I was glad I didn't have the whole family or we couldn't have gone.

Robyn said...

Welcome to the blogging world Gusti. Love your blog. Fun way to keep in touch. Hi to Darilyn too! And, Happy Anniversary Gusti!

Terri said...

Gusti, after all these years it's good to know that you think June is the perfect month to be born/celebrate a Birthday. A lot of (pre)planning went into making sure you were a "June Baby" Winter in MT was much too cold for a new baby. You obviously agreed with my plan, and as they say: "The rest is history". So glad I got to talk to you on your special day! Glad you had a Happy Birthday.
Love you always, Mom