Thursday, June 12, 2008

Secondhand Serenade Concert


Ok the kids are out of school, and were starting to get into the summer routine.I wish the weather would warm up about 10-15 degrees so it felt more like summer. None the less one of my favorite summer activities is going to an outdoor concert by a great artist. Last week Sarah asked if I wanted to go with her and her son Scott to see Secondhand Serenade. I had heard one of their songs played a lot on the radio and really liked it. You don't have to twist my arm to get me to go to a concert! However I enjoy a concert much more if I know a least some of the music, so began my qwest to find their CD. Anthony said he had been looking for weeks but couldn't find it in any stores. Kali was begging to download "Fall for You" from itunes before she left for Germany so she would have it with her. Good old Google helped me track it down at Target. I listened to it on the way home and song by song liked it more. Last night was the concert at Thanksgiving Point- a beautiful location- and I so loved it! If your looking for a new CD I would recomend either of them. Here is a picture (complements of Sarah) from the concert. We got separated walking out and then when she finally made it back to the car she said, "I want to show you a picture". The lucky bum got to meet him and take a picture, while Jamie, Mary & I were walking around looking for her!

4 comments:

LeAnn said...

Hey Gusti! Glad to see you've joined the bloggers. Feel free to check out my blog every so often, and hopefully in a week or two we'll have a bunch of pictures of our little one up!

candace said...

Oh my word, love that song, I might have to check out the whole album!!!

tatum said...

hey, i'm a friend of candace, she said you need some blog stalkers, so i will check in on you every now at then. welcome to the blogshere.=)

Chanda said...

Rock on - love that song too! Haven't been to a concert in years. I'm an "old" lame-o.