Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers

Yes- I know, Mothers Day was yesterday. I had an amazing post in mind (including slideshows and tear provoking music) but instead my attention was needed elsewhere. And such is life- plans change or paths get altered. I do the best I can…one day at a time… just like my MOM!  SO here is my much simplified tribute.

MenMom135

I love this picture of us. I love that I am holding her hand as she has so often been there to hold mine. I love how beautiful she is and that people might even say we look alike. I like what we are wearing, each in our own style and yet complimentary. When I found this picture I wondered why I didn’t have it on prominent display somewhere in my house? And then remembered that it had once been on my list of to do’s but along with many items on my daily list, this goal had not been realized. But you see I have this picture in my heart and in my mind. The image of my mother is etched in my soul, even more beautifully than she looks here. So I forgive myself and continue  to do my best, one day at a time, just like my mom.

3 comments:

Terri said...

Gusti,
I don't know if you remember me telling you, but you and Quinn were very much wanted and planned. (I prayed for 2 daughters, & Heavenly Father was good & blessed me!) Planning:(I knew I didn't want 2 in diapers at the same time, nor born in the COLD MT. Winters.) ( I had hoped you would be able to enjoy each others company, and I've also lived long enough to see that blossom and grow.)
I wanted to be able to give each of you all of the LOVE and attention you needed, and deserved. I can only pray that each of you realize how very much I love you and how important you are to me.
Gusti, I Love you and thank you for being the awesome daughter you are, I am very proud to be your Mom!

Darilyn said...

This is beautiful and I am so very blessed to have your mom as a mom to me as well. One of my girls' favorite stories of my growing up years is the night I slammed my ear in the car door. "How did you do that mom?"

"I still have no idea."

That is how the conversation starts every single time. But anyway, I tell them about how I was bleeding and knew I needed help and drove straight to your mom and she bandaged me up. She probably doesn't even remember it because it was just another mom duty. But I remember it very well, I looked up to your mom. She always seemed so smart and she never minded that I ate more than my share of the Huckleberry Jam that came with with you guys from Montana.

Quinn said...

I LOVE this picture and this post. Need I say more? I don't feel I must, as you have. Well done sis.