Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Deutchland mit meine Schwester

Have you ever taken a trip that was so busy that you didn’t do any of the things that you thought you would…. like blogging, or taking amazing pictures, or exercising, or reading a good book? That kind of sums up my trip. Sooo much to do and yet I didn’t feel like I accomplished anywhere near enough.  I totally loved playing with my niece and nephews, and taking new pictures of them (maybe even a slideshow for my next post). And of course I could drive anywhere in the world and have a blast with my Sis. We got to go to Leipzig and Dresden, 2 places in Germany that I had not visited before.  I am a pretty wussy tourist. When I wake up early and see a complete downpour, I tend to want to pull the covers over my head and go back to sleep.  Luckily Quinn has twice my ambition and doesn’t take “no” for an answer.  So off we drove into the torrential rains and to my complete amazement when we got to Dresden it wasn’t even sprinkling hard enough to open the umbrella. We walked, we talked, we saw, we ate, we walked, we toured, we shopped, we photographed, we walked and walked some more. And had a fabulous time!IMG_1346

This was my favorite picture from that day. Quinn thanks for a day I will never forget.  Now onto Leipzig.

GUS_7623

I fell in love with this Church. It was not the most famous in the city and it was a bit off the beaten path, but something about it just captivated me. The cute little lady that volunteered there was so cool, she would have spent the whole day just answering our questions.

GUS_7647

This is inside the church. It is still undergoing the restoration process from being bombed in WWII. They sold all the church benches after the war to help fund some of the repairs.

GUS_7656

This is one room that has been totally restored, showing how the whole church looked before the war. They will probably never have the money to restore it to this extent.

GUS_7686 

Me and Tori

GUS_7698

My super cute sister

GUS_7696

Tori in front of the Thomas Kirche, made famous by Johan Sebastian Bach

GUS_crp7708

Yep it’s those goofy American tourists that want a picture by every cute doorway that they find.

GUS_7801

GUS_7805

GUS_7816

If you look closely at the street sign, you will notice that the steps I am standing on are actually a street. How crazy is that?!

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Looks like an AMAZING trip!!! What fun to have a sister!!!!!!!!!

Quinn said...

Well, I am so glad you have finally posted. I have been looking daily. We all miss you! I asked the kids last night before they went to bed on the last night of Easter break what their favorite thing of the break was - not one of them said MOVING lol - but they ALL said having Auntie Gusti here.

Darilyn said...

Great pictures.