Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Birthday, Anniversary, Youth Confrence

Awhhh shucks a pictureless post. Can you believe I was to busy to bring my camera to Lava Hotpsrings, Idaho? Maybe it was because of the horrid weather forecast? Nothing but rain. And the fact that we would be camping in tents. Somehow the thought of rain, cold, bugs and dirt inspired me to leave my camera gear at home. Wise choice. The forecast was correct. It poured. And yet somehow we all still had a fabulous time. The service project in the rain was actually a highlight for me. Yardwork in the rain does not bother me. It actually felt like it was more servicelike. I felt like a little kid that went out to play and forgot to come back in when it started to rain. The water dripped off my nose. I had to push my bangs off my face to change the direction of the drip. So satisfying.


The river that we had planned to spend a day tubing down was actually to high and fast for us to go on. Luckily Lava had a fabulous outdoor pool with monster high dives, waterslides, and even an aquatic climbing wall. It was cold but fun.


So my Birthday was spent packing up the whole family for Youth Confrence. My Anniversary was the first day at Youth Confrence. Much to our good fortune there was a new hotel just up the road from the campsite, and plenty of adult supervision. With the Bishop's encouragement we got to spend our anniversary at Lion's Gate Manor in the famous "Phantom suite". It was more than a little awkward the next day when our whole group went to tour the themed rooms of the hotel. We just stayed in the car, no need to hear any comments about the room we actually slept in. :-)