Saturday, November 22, 2008

Writers Block

Ok Fran, I haven't wanted to post (or even look at a blog) since you tagged me. 7 weird/strange things about me this would require thought and that takes time, something I'm grossly short on these days. The hardest part was trying to think of a picture to go with my post. Alas I have it figured out, and just remember somebody asked me for this.


1. I forbid my children to ask me for help with their MATH homework... I believe there is a math gene, and I didn't get one.




2. The older I get the more I love to have a stay home in my PJ's kind of day. Where I don't have to spend ANY time trying to make myself presentable because I know I'm not going anywhere and then grant myself the freedom to tackle whatever project grabs me.




3.If I could take a pill to satisfy my daily food requirements, I would soooo do it. I hate to cook and if your ever invited over for dinner at my house I will tell you now, the compliments should be directed to my better half. He actually loves to cook! Lucky me.




4. I enjoy pulling weeds. Not that I'm happy that they grow, but I just feel very satisfied with how much better it looks as soon as I'm done. In contrast to using a chemical spray that takes days to work and you have to watch the weed wither and die and eventually blow away.




5. When I was 16 and had my first "roadkill" tragedy, I couldn't get the image of that poor opossum out of my mind so I drove my little sister back to the spot and made her pull the dead carcass out of the road, so it wouldn't get rerun over anymore.




6.Clutter makes me CRAZY! Put it away, put it away, put it away. If I can't figure out a place to put it then I would rather just get rid of it. In my house I am happiest when "everything has a place and everything is IN it's place".




7.When I lived in Oregon my friend and I skipped school and drove my crappy little car to California "to prove that it could be done" in one school day. I was correct in my perception of time and distance, however I still question my judgement about taking my car? This was before cell phones and my car broke down ALL the time.




*8. Bonus* I like to surprise people but I'm not so into surprises for myself. I was famous around my house for opening my Christmas presents (very carefully with a knife and rewrapping, using the same paper, and taping over the exact same spots that I had sliced open). All this so I would know exactly what I was getting for Christmas.


Now if you are still with me, here are 2 of the strangest/weirdest pictures that I have ever created... or as I call it what photographers do for fun.




I will refrain from tagging anyone and just leave it open to anyone who wants to play. Leave me a comment with this post so I can go enjoy your strangenesses!

8 comments:

Krista Lou Cook said...

OK, so first, I still remember "that your name is Gusti and you love your car, and remember Cali isn't that far." I don't know if I got it exactly right but...... second, your face actually looks like it fits on the bottom picture. CRAZY!

Quinn said...

Very nice! I still haven't come up with my seven. I have a list though and I keep adding and scratching out as things pop into my mind. Thanks Krista for the walk down memory lane. I believe it went: My name is Gusti and I like my car, I'm here to tell ya Cali ain't that far! I can hear it. Of course if you change it to "Kali" ain't that far, you can realize that within just a few short years, Kali was born. lol

Serenity Rachel said...

So, I just want anyone who reads this to know that I was the little sister lucky enough to pull the opossum of the road by its BIG FAT TAIL!

That bottom picture is hilarious! The funny part is that some of the switches actually work. Kali looks totally normal as the mom, you make a cute little boy, and Kira and Kyle must look more alike than I thought because at first I thought you hadn't switched Kira at all. But Tony as Kali and Kira as dad is a bit freaky lookin'!

Yea, Fran tagged me too. I have a draft in progress but haven't finished selecting which parts of my weirdness to highlight!

Franziska Patterson said...

Hahaha...you guys are so funny. I spent like 5 minutes on my 7 things. Anyway, the opossum story is really funny, the pictures are freakishly funny, and I hear you on the clutter, and on math as well. ;)

Ally said...

C'mon Gusti!! You couldn't come up with one or two things more? Just kidding!! I now know why I am friends with you people!!!!

Patience said...

I put up seven silly things. Enjoy!

Terri said...

Well I have to share about the Christmas packages. I will always remember the year in MT when after all the packages were opened, you ask 'very innocently' "is that all?" To which I said yes. Then several weeks later realized that your, & Quinn's new snow suits were still hiding under the bed, where I put them, way before Christmas. It was not till years later that you fessed up to your disappointment when they were not under the Christmas tree. Since you had "already found & opened them". You know you get that from your Grandma "Q"!! She tells a story about when her folks left her home long enough for her to drag a hugh wooden ladder across the house so she could crawl up in the attic to open her Christmas packages!
Love you, Mom

Unknown said...

Love the pictures LOL. You should totally shave your hair short and spike it like that, go all butch! haha

So guess I should take some time to come up with my 7 things...hmmm....