Thursday, August 28, 2008

Longing for red sand & warm water












Well we've been home from Lake Powell for four days now and all I can think is "I wish I were still there"! It was a fabulous vacation. All of the my vacation requirements were filled: No cell phone (it's a love/hate relationship really), no TV or movies, plenty of water to play in, excellent food, good friends to talk to, no fancy clothes or makeup required (in fact if you want to stay in the same swimsuit the whole time- it's perfectly acceptable), new challenges to face and try to conquer (slalom skiing- well okay I didn't conquer but I sure had fun trying), beautiful star filled skys, gorgeous sunsets, having all day to hang out with my kiddos and play with them, plenty of time to talk with Anthony, being outdoors, lots of things to do. OK so it's a long list. But it really boils down to this at Lake Powell there are few HAVE TO's that rule the world, and suddenly you have time for all the WANT TO's. Eat when your hungry, sleep when your tired, play when you want, stare off and ponder life if you have the desire, interact with your family as much as you want without all the daily distractions. That is my perfect vacation. I should also tell you that the other families that shared our blissful week are fantastic people that I adore. Thanks for including us.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

It's good to hear that you all came back on one piece. Now back to reality!
S~

Darilyn said...

Ah, wish I was there right now. It does sound like a perfect vacation.

Krista Lou Cook said...

Those are great photos, but am I surprised? :) Glad you had such a good time!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful trip! So glad you were able to unplug and unwind!

candace said...

Love the pictures. I LOVE Lake Powell one of my favorite places on earth. I miss you!