Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Vintage Fire Truck

On my way to a photo shoot the other day I saw this really cool old fire truck as part of the decor for Hook & Ladder  (a mom and pop style burger joint). And I thought to myself what a cool prop that would be for a picture someday…. except that the space around it was not very picturesque, and It would never be in the shade, and finding someone who could see the same potential and coolness factor in that truck that I could is highly unlikely. So I just made a mental note of where to find it again should I ever need to use it in a photo.

Fast forward an hour and a half. I had just finished shooting a double senior session for some boys.  They were saying how much fun they had and that they were surprised how quickly the time had passed. I asked if they might be up for a few more pictures in another location and they were all over it. This is why I love to shoot seniors. They are almost always up for anything I suggest. Here are two of my favs from that day.

DSC_0403alt

DSC_0410dn

Thanks boys, you guys are great!

3 comments:

Terri said...

Another good find! Good job!
Love you, Mom

Gretchen said...

That first shot is awesome. How did you get the background to look like that? It looks blurry but clear at the same time. The background almost looks as old as the firetruck. How cool! You are the best photographer I know!

Quinn said...

How do you start a "Darling Images" fan club? I think Gretchen, and I and of course mom would be "all over" that one! Love the pics.