Saturday, August 1, 2009

Day 4

I was actually gonna post a few more pictures today but since I am still in my pj's and my camera is in the car, I guess you will have to be satisfied with a few words. Last night Kira and I slept at the Hospital so we wouldn't have to be here at the crack of dawn. On certain days they need extra blood draws so it's just easier to sleep here.

What else I have learned...
  • I still feel like Kira is getting real medication
  • 4am spontaneous vomit the other morning is a good sign that she is getting medication
  • apparently children under the age of 21 are NOT allowed to be at the Aurora Mall without being in direct supervision of a parent, or they will be detained by mall security till a parent comes to claim them! That was fun.
  • Kali's recommendation about the Proposal being a good movie was correct
  • Computer geekiness is a genetically passed trait. Visible in both Kira and Kyle as they fight over the laptop and whose turn it is to be online
  • Kira is my hero because she still has not used the word "BORED" yet to describe this adventure. I think I succumbed on day 2?
  • Even facebook loses some appeal when you have unlimited time for it.

4 comments:

Anthony Darling said...

enjoy the quiet time. It doesn't happen too often around here...

Gretchen said...

Glad to hear Kira is doing good. She is a real trooper. I hope you got my note on Facebook about the campsite. And one more thing, I also told you The Proposal was a good movie. Even Gary liked it! Thinking of you and Kira often!!!

Darilyn said...

Mall security? That sounds like fun.

Quinn said...

Looking forward to the Coos Bay post. Today was a short day. Slept till 2pm, hope jet lag doesn't take over this week I have too much to do. Tell Kira we love her and pray for her everyday. I forwarded your post to Shelley. I talked to her about it like I promised. I think she'll have her kids tested. I hope to have time to do something with my pictures soon too. Love you soooo much! Can I call you in the hospital? Could get rid of some boredom.