Friday, January 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Lisa! (& Jamie, Seth, & Jerrie)
















How often do you get invited to be part of a surprise for someones birthday? Tonight was my lucky night because I got to go document 2 important events. First it was the annual boys swimteam "bleaching" party and then a new tradition may have been born with a "speedo serenade" for Lisa's (46th, am I allowed to post this publicly?) Birthday. The garage reeked of bleach and looked like a gamers retreat as the HHS boys swimmers tried to remove all color from their hair. I'm not sure as to the exact history behind this? (maybe if you know you could leave me a comment) Anyway the lovely and unsuspecting Lisa was summoned to the garage where many speedo clad boys burst into the "Happy Birthday" song for her, while holding a cake that was lovingly referred to as "a FIRE hazard". So without further ado here are some pictures that are at least smile provoking.

6 comments:

lisabroadhead said...

Um...okay....um....well....um......I feel like I am supposed to leave a comment. So...um....my comment is..."Oh Goodness!"

Quinn said...

Totally hilarious! Their garage looks pretty awesome too. Are those cymbols on the drum set? Do the swimmers not shave their heads for state or something and thus the bleaching? I am asking, not answering. A Speedo Serenade - nice name!! Very catchy.

Sarah said...

Ken with the guitar is freakin' hilarious! I wonder about that boy. Happy late Birthday Lisa !!!! What a brave woman!

Paul said...

And just what would your bishop say, Lisa?

Anonymous said...

HEY MOM! You have one of my new favorite pictures up! thanks :D

Terri said...

Well I'm with you Lisa, "Oh My Goodness!" & Rex said when reading Paul's comment, "I was wondering that myself."
Interesting pict's It isn't everyday that you see young guys playing guitars in “tennies”, a bag on their head, wearing a “Birthday Suit!”
Love you, Mom & Rex
PS Kali, Do I dare ask? Which is your favorite picture???