Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Blue-Haired Teens




















This blog is about being "fair". Although I still wholeheartedly believe that "life's NOT fair" (thanks Mom) I will post a few pictures of the First annual girls swimteam BLUE party. Since the boys got the last post, here you go girls. Yes, I really did give Kali my full permission to go blue. Rather than focus on WHY, I simply asked myself why not? SO when I couldn't answer my own question reasonably, permission was granted without much fanfare. I was way into school spirit back in my day... and we never did anything quite this fun. I did shave a letter "M" into the sideburns of my hair... once upon a time. Now it's more embarrassing to admit that I HAD sideburns in the first place. Purple hair would have been much cooler. Good luck to all you enthusiastic swimmers at Regionals next week!


7 comments:

Franziska Patterson said...

Way to go and be a cool mom, Gusti! When I was a teenager, I had red, purple and pink hair, and dread locks at some point or another. My mom had a fit over it. I never understood why. It all washed out, came out, and I still grew up to be a decent human being (or so I think).

Darilyn said...

I think it's fantastic!

Amy C. Quick said...

And I totally agree, purple would have been much better. Once a Pirate, Always a Pirate!

Krista Lou Cook said...

What fun! Does the mahogany die jobs Jamie and I did in her bathroom count?

Quinn said...

Kali looks great with blue hair! How fun! Go Amy - I agree - once a pirate, always a pirate.

Anonymous said...

you old people are silly...it's all about the wolverines!!! what the heck? pirates are so out! get with the times, man! HAHAHAHAHA

Terri said...

Aren't you "Pirates" getting together this summer? Let's see the "Middle age Mom's" with Purple hair?? :-))