Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Timpanogos Cave

Kira, Jamie & Jacob
The Broadheads Kira & Kyle



Max, Pauline & Valentine (the Germans)
The Darlings plus Tori
The Corbridges plus Valentine The Woodhouses plus Max



Well to be perfectly honest the first time I did this hike I thought it was going to kill me. That was 14 years ago and I had a very stubborn 13 month old who thought she could walk by herself the whole way. It takes the average group about 2 hrs. I think we finally arrived after 2 1/2 hrs. (maybe 3?) So when this event was organized I was very reluctant and not very excited about it. However I have to say it was SOOOOO much better this time. We left very early so we could go on the first tour through the cave. And avoid the blaring afternoon sun. We had a large group and stopped several times to take pictures and yet still made it to the top in about 1 1/2 hours. What a fabulous day. Timpanogos- I fear you no more! (BTW- we did this July 10th... it's just taken me a while to blog it)

2 comments:

Krista Lou Cook said...

I have always wanted to hike there. I have hiked to the VERY TOP of Timp (from the other side) but never have hit the caves.

Robyn said...

I'm so close and that's still something our family has not done yet. Looks beautiful!