Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th Happenings








Have any of you ever experienced a "candy cannon"? An explosion sends candy hurling through the air toward eagerly awaiting kids that scurry to and fro collecting as much candy as possible. Kind of like a pinata but with lots more candy and everyone hears when it "breaks". This has become a tradition my kids enjoy every Fourth of July. We watch the flag raising, with lots of patriotic songs then the kids line up anticipating that magical moment when candy falls from the sky like rain. Here are a few shots of that and some other pictures I took to showcase our Red, White and Blue. Tell me which picture is your favorite? In 1 week I will tell you mine. You can click on each photo to make it bigger. Hope You had a great fourth!

4 comments:

Robyn said...

My favorite is picture #3, all the converse shoes lined up, it totally reminds me of Anthony, so I know your kids must be into them too.

swimchicks said...

hey mom
i agree with robyn. i love the shoes it is way cute. i love you. i'll think of you while im in italy tomorrow and the next day and the next day and the next day and the next day and you get the picture lol. miss you!
kali

Sarah said...

My favorite is the action candy shot. Half of the kids are ducking and covering while the others are running to get the goods!

Gusti said...

Ok so it's been a little more than a week... my favorite is picture #1 of the flag- stars & stripes forever baby!