Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Moab

GUS_6644 Sometimes I really love my job! More so on the “fieldtrip” days than on the “sitting in front of  the computer for hours on end” days. This last weekend we had a workshop in Moab and it was so beautiful to be outside.  All the red rock, the perfect weather, having my camera and time to shoot anything that caught my eye. We had a model that we could work with or we could wander a bit on our own. Here are a few pictures from Saturday night.

GUS_6648 - Copy GUS_6666 - Copy GUS_6669 - Copy GUS_6672

4 comments:

Terri said...

Awesome pictures!! But could you send us some of that nice weather??
Please.......I think we're back in OR. All we've seen for 2 days is rain & over cast, cloudy skies!
Love you Mom
PS Waitin' for the sun to shine!

Quinn said...

Desert Song

I thirst
for your rivers
your rippling mesas of sand
gold mirrors
on your sinuous curves

I thirst
for the saguaro
for the sweet juice of cactus
in the prickling sweat
of a desert sun

I thirst
for the searing of hot valleys
the bend of shimmer and heat
that bow that arcs the arrow
toward this center, my heart

I thirst
for the bloom, the sweet
languorous smells
this subtle perfume
elusive, as the scuttle of desert life

I thirst
for this tallest, deepest night
of stars and silence
when the moon is only a moon
silvering this light

Ruth Housman

The desert can be so beautiful, I miss it.

Franziska Patterson said...

So, I'm curious about that model...is that an actual, paid for and all that jazz model? If so, I sure am happy to see a 'model' that isn't skin and bones, but actually seems to have some muscles on her arms and legs. Sweet. Oh, and nice pictures, too. I do agree - the desert CAN be beautiful. But, I can only stand so much of it after it just starts being nothing but a desert again.

Deborah said...

stunning pictures!

and thank you, Quinn, for sharing that wonderful poem!!!