Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Medication -Day 1

Well I can tell these posts are going to get really boring really fast. So I will sum up what we expect of the next 13 days as a summary of today. We arrived at 9 AM and they took a ton of blood for tests (establishing a baseline to compare with after medication is given). Then we waited for results, and waited for the medication to be sent up to the nurse and waited for a Dr. to do a quick physical, and you guessed it WAITED some more. What do we do while we wait? We watch TV, sleep, watch movies, eat, sleep, surf the Internet, sleep, repeat. They have a children's activities center that you can play in, or check out board games from. There are lots of hospital people who come and ask us if we need anything. Everyone here is nice. I have been looking up things to see while we are here and have found lots of exciting stuff going on. We should be able to leave in about another hour to go back to Pace and Matt's house for the night. Tomorrow looks about the same except maybe a little less waiting.
I couldn't even take tons of pictures today because I forgot to charge my camera battery last night. So I will post a picture or 2 if anything exciting happens.
Kyle and his friend James are here with us today, they add a little comic relief. Kira is doing amazing. She is such a trooper and I admire her courage. Till next time.

3 comments:

Anthony Darling said...

glad to hear that things are boring in the hospital...we don't like too much excitement there.

Gretchen said...

Maybe the less excitement at a hospital the better, except in the case of a birth, but I don't think that applies here. Glad to hear Kira is doing well. Hope everything goes well.

Robyn said...

Gusti you are also amazing!