Friday, February 27, 2009

My heart lacks courage

Hi Guys-
I have missed you. I have quite a story to tell about my 3 week absence from my blog. The one sentence version is that Kira my 10 year old now has type 1 diabetes. I want to share our experience because it could happen to anyone, thus making it a worthwhile read for everyone. But the truth is that I just don't have the energy to tell it yet. For those of you that know of our story THANKS so much for your prayers, thoughts, cards, gifts, emails, phone calls and love! You have warmed and touched our hearts for good. For those of you still wondering we are going to be fine. It might just take some time. Thanks for your patience along the way. Wishing you health and happiness- Gusti

6 comments:

Krista Lou Cook said...

I am sure that is a huge adjustment for your family. I do know of a lot of kids/youth that lead regular lives. If she is anything like you, she will adjust fine.

Franziska Patterson said...

we've been thinking about you and been praying for Kira! It's crazy when life hits us right in the face and reminds us how vulnerable, weak and helpless we truly are. It's comforting to me to have the gospel in those times. But it's a hard and scary change. We'll continue to keep you in our prayers, but if Jeffrey can live and play soccer with half a heart, then Kira can kick trash without insulin - it's in the Roger blood to not be stopped by anything. :)

Deborah said...

all my love to you all!

Terri said...

All of you are still, & will continue to be in our prayers.
All of our love & support to you,
We are always as near as your phone.
Mom & Rex

Gretchen said...

I know your family will get through this with flying colors. We are praying for Kira. I know she will adjust to this in time. She is a strong little girl. I'm here whenever and for whatever you need. Love Ya!

Robyn said...

Gusti, I'm just back to catching up on people's lives with my "hiatus" coming to an end and read your blog. I'm sorry to hear about Kira but I know you are strong and are her Mother for a reason and also know that she is an amazing young woman who can handle this. I used to be overwhelmed with Avery's food allergies in the beginning and then one day I thought "If Heavenly Father knew Avery could handle this condition for his life then I certainly could be a support and help him with it too." Know we are thinking of you and your family! We love you!!!!